Thursday, September 20, 2007

Republican mayor supports same-sex marriage!

Mayor of San Diego supports same-sex marriage

I thought that this was a very principled stand. Especially coming from a Republican! My hat's off to Jerry Sanders, Mayor of San Diego, for overcoming his own personal quandaries with same-sex marriage, as well as bucking with his party to take the side of equality for same-sex couples. We need more of this sort of soul-searching among our political leaders.

If one has/had any questions about the sincerity of the mayor's conclusion, one need look no further than the level of emotional response he gave. The feelings that he feels, and the personal wrestling he obviously has done over this issue is apparent.

I'm not sure about the rest of the man's political stances, but after this I would personally find it difficult not to vote for him if I were his constituent.

No comments: